This post contains affiliate links.
It is Friday again, which means time to look back at a project from the past. Today I am featuring my Kids' Artwork Gallery Wall, which orignally was installed in the playroom back in August of 2012.
Here is what it looked like back then:
There are a million ways to layout gallery walls. I use a pretty lazy technique of sketching out the gallery outline with chalk:
It has always worked great for me:
And I love how flexible it is.. since nothing lasts forever!
With the addition of baby J I have been taking a lot of teasing from friends and family because I hadn't added his initial to my kids' artwork gallery wall (See how there is only one E and one J? Now I need one more "little J")
Well as fate would have it, I found this 'j' at the thrift store for $1.99. It was really ugly and was slightly warped, but i knew I could give it some TLC and fix it up.
I taped off the area between the j and the dot, and I sprayed it black to go with my other letters.
Of course, because it was a "J" I had to get help from the bigger J-child with the spray painting.
I then painted the space between the j and the dot with the wall color it was going to be up against.
I took down a large section of the wall and re-laid the frames out on the floor to accommodate my new little "j." The nice part was that I was able to leave most of the wall the way it was. I had a lot of flexibility since my only goal was to stay within the original chalk line.
Here is what it looks like today:
I actually added a couple new frames along with the new 'j' even though the total area is still the same, they are just packed in tighter.
So now I have thee initials and a little more recent artwork... Finally.
Have a great weekend! See ya' in March!