The hardest part of this project is actually finding the right buttons. I wouldn’t have had enough orange buttons in my stash, but I found these little mixed embellishment jars at Home Goods (they were only $2) and I knew they would be perfect for a pumpkin makeover.
You can actually buy full collections of mixed buttons in a single color that is the easiest way to complete a project like this:
I started at the bottom with the black and moved up from the darkest reds to the lightest oranges.
Eventually at the top I added the peachy iridescent sequins.Finally, I needed to cover the stem somehow, so I went to my real button stash and dug out any green buttons I could find.
Good thing the stem was small, since I didn’t have very many.
I think it is the perfect pumpkin for my sewing room. Definitely unique and one of a kind!