One place that makes us both happy is the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Upon a recent night on the town, we explored a new ReStore in our area.
In one little corner there were all these brand new cabinet doors priced at $1 or $2 each!!!!!!
They must have been from a remodel, or new home, and something when wrong. Their loss turned our gain.
Yep, grabbed those up real quick like.
*Affiliate links used to show like or same products used to complete this project.
Turning these doors into a Cabinet Door Sign is super easy.
- A Cabinet Door
- Painters Tape
- Top Coat
- Paint Brush
- Picture Hangers
- Small Paint Brush
- Paint Dabber
- Q-Tip with a small bowl of water
- Wipe or clean off door as needed (if really grimy this is great).
- Distress if desired, by sanding lightly or applying an antiquing glaze.
- Take stencil and measure to find center. Tape stencil down with painters tape like this:
- Dap paint on stenciled area, carefully making sure you don't apply too much. Also, don't apply in a back and forth motion as you will end up with paint under the stencil. THIS WORKS GREAT.
- Carefully remove tape and peel off stencil.
- Take a Q-tip and some water to remove any mistakes.
- Let dry
- Take a very thin paint brush to clean up any strokes, if needed.
- Let dry
- Apply a top coat to prevent scratches to the paint.
- Let day
- Turn sign/door over to attach picture hangers. Two, on either side, if it's a heavy door, one if it's a light door.
We would love to show you a few other projects we have been working on: Farmhouse Fireplace Ornament
DIY Pom-Pom Blanket (from a regular throw)